Seinfeld is arguably one of the funniest sitcoms ever, and inarguably one of the best quote-able comedies of all time.
It aired 31 years ago and went on to inspire legions of imitators and disciples. During its nine-year run, it was nominated for an impressive 11 Emmy Awards for Outstanding Writing in a Comedy Series (winning twice), and is full of so many memorable quotations and phrases
It also made a load of us laugh. Below, we celebrate the best Seinfeld quotes that are still popular today. So while we miss Jerry Seinfeld, George Costanza, Elaine Benes, and Cosmo Kramer, at least we can still watch reruns and ask, “Are you the master of your domain?”
Here are the 25 best Seinfeld quotes –
25. Jerry : We’re not gay. Not that there’s anything wrong with that.
While at Monk’s Café, Elaine notices a woman in a nearby booth eavesdropping, and as a prank speaks to Jerry and George as if they were a closeted gay couple. Jerry and George strenuously deny that they are gay, conditioning their denials with “Not that there’s anything wrong with that.
24. George : Was that wrong? Should I not have done that?
When Mr. Lippman accuses George of having sex with the cleaning lady in the office, he comes up with this epic response.
23. George : I’m a great quitter. It’s one of the few things I do well. I come form a long line of quitters. My father was a quitter, my grandfather was a quitter… I was raised to give up.
George boasts that quitting runs in his family.
22. Elaine : I once broke up with someone for not offering me pie.
Elaine sets her priorities right.
21. George : My name is George. I am unemployed and I live with my parents.
This quote comes from an episode called “The Opposite,” in which big-time loser George Costanza decides to do the opposite of his every instinct, since his instincts have lead him nowhere in life. So, he walks up to a hot lady in the coffee shop and announces his loser-dom.
20. Kramer : These pretzels are making me thirsty.
From the episode “The Alternate Side”, it was Kramer’s line in a fictional Woody Allen movie and he kept saying it over and over in different ways.
19. George : I lie every second of the day. My whole life is a sham.
George explains about his tendency to lie… a lot
18. Frank : A festivus for the rest of us.
Festivus is a holiday made up by Frank Costanza that serves as an alternative to the commercialism of Christmas, it’s celebrated on December 23. The celebration includes the Festivus dinner, an aluminum Festivus pole , the Airing of Grievances, the Feats of Strength, and of course, recognition of Festivus miracles.
17. Frank : You have the chicken, the hen, and the rooster. The chicken goes with the hen… So who is having sex with the rooster?
Frank Costanza’s epic question from the episode ; The rye’.
16. George : For I am George, the lord of the idiots.
George, staring at Jerry, says “I am Costanza, Lord of the Idiots.”