Seinfeld is arguably one of the funniest sitcoms ever, and inarguably one of the best quote-able comedies of all time.
It aired 31 years ago and went on to inspire legions of imitators and disciples. During its nine-year run, it was nominated for an impressive 11 Emmy Awards for Outstanding Writing in a Comedy Series (winning twice), and is full of so many memorable quotations and phrases
It also made a load of us laugh. Below, we celebrate the best Seinfeld quotes that are still popular today. So while we miss Jerry Seinfeld, George Costanza, Elaine Benes, and Cosmo Kramer, at least we can still watch reruns and ask, “Are you the master of your domain?”
Here are the 25 best Seinfeld quotes –
15. Jerry : That’s the true spirit of Christmas; people being helped by people other than me.
Jerry talks about the true spirit of Christmas.
14. Kramer : Who’s gonna turn down a junior mint? Its chocolate, its peppermint; its delicious!
Its very refreshing.
13. George : You know I always wanted to pretend I was an architect.
George reveals his desire.
12. George : Food and Sex, two are my two passions.
George is definitely a passionate guy. This line is among one of the best Seinfeld quotes.
11. Elaine : I’m not a lesbian. I hate men, but I’m not a lesbian.
Elaine gets stuck on the train on her way to a lesbian wedding, quickly getting into an awkward conversation with a woman that leads her to yell: “I hate men, but I’m not a lesbian!”
10. George : If you can’t say something bad about a relationship you shouldn’t say anything at all.
9. George : I don’t think I’ve ever been to an appointment in my life where I wanted the other guy to show up.
This quote is from the episode ‘The Jacket’.
8. Newman: Just remember, when you control the mail, you control… information.
Newman gives a direct threat to Jerry.
7. Kramer : I need the secure packaging of Jockeys. My boys need a house!
Kramer reveals why he prefers jockeys over briefs.
6. Jerry : Looking at cleavage is like looking at the sun. You don’t stare at it. It’s too risky. Ya get a sense of it and then you look away.
Jerry gives this thoughtful insight to George after he was caught looking at the cleavage of a girl.